Tuesday, February 12, 2008

At least it's a car...

So I told you guys I'd keep you updated on our car issues... so here we go.
Saturday I called the VW dealership that we get our car fixed at and found out that VW would pay to get it towed down there, and also cover a rental car as long as we didn't cause the problem with the car. So late Saturday, they came and picked up our car. They told us that it wouldn't even be delivered until Monday, so we knew that there was nothing at this point we could do.
So Monday I called the VW dealership at like 11 to see if they got our car and to let the people there that day know it was coming and stuff (we know them all on a first name basis since our car is in there a lot!), and it wasn't there yet. So I called the tow company and they said the car is en route. So I called the VW place an hour and a half later (that's about the time it takes to get there), and our car still wasn't there. So I called the tow place again to see what's going on, and the guy tells me that the car left at 9:30 (It's now 1 pm) and he'd try to figure out what's going on. So the guy driving the tow truck calls me and it turns out that about 30 minutes outside of town, the tow truck broke down. I know, how ironic. So finally around 4 our car was delivered and we were told to go pick up our rental car! I was so excited, it's one less car we're going to have to test drive when we look at cars! So I go to the rental place, and since the Jetta is considered a compact car, they gave me a Chevy Aveo! That thing is TINY!!! To fit Joey in the back seat, the passenger seat has to be all the way forward, so when both Ty and I are in there, I have to sit in that seat with my knees touching the dash. And we're going to have to live with it like that for about 2 weeks (that's how long they are estimating that the car will take to get fixed). At least it's a car and ours is getting fixed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment