Friday, April 11, 2008

Wanted Man!!

So Ty's now a wanted man. The Navy is after him as well as the Chief of Police. And he hasn't done anything wrong. They all want his brain! He called the Navy up this week to tell them that he's not accepting the job and not to expect him on Monday, and they called back and said fix your resume to say this (then told him what to say on it) and then they'd get him a job on the base in the contracting area. That's different from the internship he was going to go into because this would be a straight on hire. So he's going to do it and see what comes next. Man, I just wish that the whole job situation was over already. I wasn't preparing for a second round of this, however, I do not think it will be as bad as a couple weeks ago.

We started looking at houses today. Well I started looking while Ty was at work. We (my mom, our Realtor, Joey, my niece and I) saw like 5 or 6, and I only really liked the layout of one of them. They built houses here in the 70's that are just weird! I don't know what they were thinking. And the lots are really small. The average size lot in Ridgecrest is currently like .15 acre or something like that. Then they take this tiny lot and build a huge house so you have no back yard to play in. And I think they are trying to be kid friendly because they are building 4 bedroom 2 or 3 bath houses on these. It just doesn't make sense to me. So no luck yet on a house, but that's ok because we aren't going to be ready to put an offer on one until the car is taken care of.

2 comments:

  1. Wait! So now he's taking a different job? Bet it feels good to be wanted. Our new house was built in the 70s too - the split entry style which I hate - what were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete