All I want for Christmas is a...
...new front tooth.
Yesterday we went to my parents house to give Joey some time with her Bop-Bop (Grandpa). He starts chemo tomorrow, so Joey and Bop-Bop will have to wear HEPA masks around each other for at least the next 6 months, probably more. Anyway, back to the story. Joey and her cousin were out in the back yard playing on the swing set. My mother, Ty and I had just settled down to a nice game of Rummikub (we had taught my mom the day before how to play). We were about three rounds into the game when we heard Joey start screaming bloody murder. I ran outside and saw a little blood coming from her mouth, so I ran to the bathroom to start cleaning up. She regularly bites her lip or something, so I'm not too worried about the blood, because it wasn't a whole lot. Then I got her to the bathroom and it turned out, it wasn't a lot of blood because it was pooling in her mouth. I am cleaning it up when I notice that she no longer has a front tooth. :( Thankfully doing whatever it was she did, she knocked the whole tooth out (we know because I got her in with the dentist today, so she had xrays done). We have to watch for signs of infection with the surrounding teeth now, but the dentist doesn't think it's too bad. She also has a huge road rash on her chin from it, and a large bruise under her chin. It's a real bummer because your permanent teeth don't come in until you are about 7-8 years old. To make her day more traumatic, earlier in the day, we had to perform a "removal of a foreign object" from her nose, as she stuck the cereal part, not the marshmallow, of a Lucky Charm up there. Really, it's easy to get things out of kids noses as long as you have long tweezers, but it's just no fun for them. As this is the second time in as many weeks that we've done this, we are hoping that she is done sticking things up there.
Awesome road rash! Ty should be proud. BTW-Joe told us you guys got your house. Congrats!!
ReplyDeletePoor girl. Maybe she'll mellow out for you...and maybe she won't. Keeps you hoppin' anyway. I love rumikubs by the way.
ReplyDelete