Thursday, April 2, 2009

Birds!

So another reason I know spring is here. There are birds everywhere!!! It's like they popped out of thin air when spring came. Well not acutally as we've been annoyed by the birds since we moved into our house, but I think they've gotten worse. We have this huge palm tree in our front yard that I'm pretty much sure is a high rise bird condo. And they don't discriminate. I've seen little hummingbirds go in there, doves, sparrows, and other species I don't know. So at least they rent space to anyone who pays their dues. By that I mean, wins the fight. I've literally seen birds push other birds out of the tree and start fighting on the grass. I wonder if our condo is full of domestic disputes or what. Anyway, when they get kicked out, they don't seem to go far. These two bird nests are right out our back door. Literally maybe 4 feet away. I know they are used because one of the birds comes out and sits on the back light and watches for anyone coming and attacks them when they get near. I really hope I'm not near when he goes on a rampage. He looks vicious. Ty told me he'll take them down, but I can't, cuz what if there are eggs in the nests... I can't be responsible for their murder!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, thank God they don't discriminate! I know, some birds are crazy! When some of them are on my Mom's bird feeder; they will pick and fight with each other. My Mom will have to knock on the glass to get them to settle down. I wouldn't worry about knocking down their nests. That may be what gets them away from your house. Let one of your crappy neighbors deal with them!

    ReplyDelete