I haven't updated it a while. I am sorry. It really just doesn't seem like there is anything new going on around here. Though, when I do actually look around, there are things going on that people might want to know about. We'll start with Ty.
Tyrell had Lasik done about two weeks ago. He has been looking into it for a long time, and we finally decided it was time. The entire appointment the day it happened was about two hours long. Poor Liam was bored out of his mind as we had to wait in the lobby out front until it was his turn. When it was his turn, they led us to this hall where it was just large glass windows with a TV on the top. You could sit and watch as Ty went in and got all ready. Now, Liam is a daddy's boy. He was not happy that he could not go be with daddy!! At one point, he threw his toy down the hall, so he could run toward the door to get in the room. It was cool though getting to watch Ty's procedure. That night he was pretty crabby, but it's because his eyes were itching and he couldn't do anything about it. The next morning at breakfast, Ty just stared out the window because he could see that the trees have leaves. It took me a little while to figure out the meaning of this statment, but then it dawned on me. Without glasses or contacts, he never saw individual leaves. So I asked him if this was the best money he had ever spent (a lot of people say that), and now I'm going to brag here, and he told me no. I about died. Then he said "Whatever I spent to get you to marry me was the best money I've ever spent." Isn't that awesome?!?!? Anyway, other than that, Ty has had a lot of traveling going on for work. Well, not a lot, but definately more than normal. He just came back from three days in Vegas, and in a few weeks, he is going to Fresno for a few days, then there are more conferences he's talked about going to. It has made me really appreciate having him home.
I don't know how many people know, but I started training for a half marathon back in January. On May 22, 2011 I ran my first half marathon. It was in Fresno, which is about 4 hours from here, and the night before, I noticed I forgot to pack my thyroid medicine. I was sooooo bummed. So the next morning, I was doing great. I didn't have my GPS watch with me that tells me how fast I'm running, but I could tell that I was running between a ten and eleven minute mile for the first eight miles. Then the lack of thyroid hit. It was so bad, that it took everything in me to pick up my legs. Now remember, at this point I still have 5 more miles. I just really wanted to cry. I did finish, but no where near as fast as I could have and should have. Now I have to run another one so I know what I can do. My official time was 2:53:13. Some people may have heard that it was a little longer, but that was the unofficial time. The difference is that is the time from when the clock started... my official time is when I crossed the start line. It was a really great experience for me though and I'm really really glad that I did it.
That is the finish behind me (I know it says start, but on the other side it says finish). I had just recently crossed but couldn't go back down so this was the best we could get.Jordan- She will finish school in two weeks. I can't believe it's that close! Times like this I'm glad that I'm not really a crier. I say that because there are a bunch of mom's that I've gotten fairly close to that are sad that their kids are finishing Kindergarten. It has been such a fun year and I'm glad that I have been as involved as I have been. Jordan is also the best reader in her class. Jordan is reading at a First grade, 6 month level. It was cool to hear this. We went to the open house a couple weeks ago, and got to go around and see the different classes. Then we were allowed to request a class for her for next year. There is a 1-2 combo class that if they have again next year we really want her in. We were able to meet with the teacher and talk to her about a lot of different things. I'm really hoping they do it again. Jordan comes home from school with the greatest stories. This is what she told me one day when I asked how school was... "It was ok. I got a new friend today, then she crashed me because she wouldn't play with me on the second recess." Here's another one... (sorry, I'm leaving names out) "******* isn't going to be my friend forever anymore because she wouldn't let me play princess at the second recess because I was wearing jeans and not a skirt." Oh the dramas....
Liam is officially nursery age!!!! YAY!!!! He has actually been going for a couple months, but now it's official. Sometimes I do feel like I must be a bad parent since I didn't cry when he went to nursery. In fact, I wanted to party. He is a Jabberwalkie!!! That's what Ty calls him anyway. This kid is always talking. Whether or not it's coherent is another story, but he always has something to say. Here are some of the words he can actualy say: Mommi (he say's it with a long I sound at the end), daddy, bye, see ya, pooty, ba ba (bottle), side (outside), dog, Joey, no, mine, more, and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. We have also taught him some sign language. People ask why we've done it, but it really has made communication between him and I easier. In sign language he knows: please, more, milk, all done, and he just learned water and is learning change. He still loves anything that involves water. And dirt. Those are his two most favorite things to play with. It amazes my mom even how Liam can be content to just play outside by himself for hours. It makes my life easier. He is a joy for a family though and we wouldn't be complete without them.
K holy sweetness, Ty's comment! You got yourself a good one! Congrats on your half marathon, I feel for you forgetting your meds I'm sure that took a little bit to recover from. My doctor gave me some samples and I keep them in my van...that has saved me on a few trips we have gone on :) Congrats Jordan, that is excellent, other than drama that goes on at such a young age....What the heck I don't remember dealing with that till 5th grade our girls are going to have a lot on their plates when they are teenagers :) Liam what a cutie.... thank goodness for nursery on Sunday's! Ezzy's a little daddy's boy to and gets pretty upset when he doesn't see anything he doesn't like! Thanks for you post, been thinking about you lately, hope you guys are doing well! :)
ReplyDelete