Thursday, April 10, 2014
Thor
So if anyone really knows me, they know that I am allergic to dogs. Like, seriously allergic to them. I first noticed it back as a kid when I would rough house with our family dogs and end up with hives. Last summer I almost had a friend take me to the ER because I had such a bad allergic reaction to my sister's dog. I could hardly see, my eyes were so swollen. It took 4 benadryl on top of some essential oils and many hours for the reaction to go away. Anyway, my family has really wanted a dog. Specifically Ty wants a Chi-Wienie? (Chihuahua Wiener dog combo) after he fell in love with our friend's dog. Well, on Facebook I found some that someone in Manteca was giving away. She was told that the mother dog was fixed, and low and behold, had tons of puppies not long after she was given the dog (the mother since has been spayed). Well, I gave in and told Ty we could go down and take a look, and we came home with this little guy. After nearly an hour of discussion, we ended up naming him Thor. He is still pretty little, but has probably doubled in size since we first got him. He has such a fun personality and the kids are having a blast teaching him "tricks." My allergies were a big draw back for me, but I have just decided that I can't hold him really long and as soon as I do, I have to wash up the minute I am done. He is so little that the kids are always picking him up and carrying him around like a doll. He sure is loved here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment