So this week has just been a blah week. It actually started out ok, but Wednesday it went blah. Ty got a 60 day extension on the budget. We kinda knew it was coming, but I was hoping it wouldn't really happen. It's good because it will give him more time to try to find money for the city, but bad because it has basically ruined our July vacation we had planned. I really need the vacation. We haven't even left the valley for anything in over 4 months and I'm feeling closed in. I need to get away. So now we don't know when we'll be able to have a vacation. We are hoping he'll get the budget done, and anticipate that it will be done, so we'll be able to go to Utah for Annie's wedding in August, but who knows with some of the changes that have been going on there.
On top of that, on Wednesday after I finished clinic with my dr, the supervising RN told me she needed to talk to me. Ok. So I went in to talk and got totally blind-sided. Apparently the dr didn't think it was working out with me. I had no clue. I've never been told to fix anything or correct it to try to make it better. That's what irritates me. I wasn't fired or anything, just moved to float and that's ok. I mean, she said I'll probably be called in two days a week or so (not including the vacations I'll be covering this summer) and two whole days a week and it's more hours than I would put in in a week with my dr. Today they had be shadow the nurses in OB so I knew how to work that office. Man, what a whirl-wind there!
In happier news, Joey has picked up a new phrase she always says. "That'd be great." She always says that. It's pretty funny. She also runs around regularly in these dress-up shoes that Nana Staheli got her for Christmas and this red fuzzy hat. She has a little backpack she then fills up with her toys and tells me that she's going shopping. She comes in every morning I'm putting on my makeup and asks for some for her. I didn't know I'd have a girly-girl.
You guys better get up here soon! WE MISS YOU!!! joey comes up with the cutest things.
ReplyDeleteWow. Sorry about work. I'm glad you post about it though. We have been having a bit of trouble too and it's comforting to read your stories and relate.
ReplyDelete