Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Handywoman I am

It's hot here. I mean today it's almost 110 outside!!! For about two weeks it has seemed that our swamp cooler is working less and less. I was happy when it cooled the house down to 76 at night. During the days it was getting up to almost 82 in the house. Not fun! I mean, not only is it hot, but when the heat is up like that, tempers are also up (usually mine and Joey's from being in the house all day together). Last night the cooler didn't even smell moist (it may sound weird, but you can smell the moisture in our cooler). So I went outside to take a look. Apparently the handyman forgot to turn the water back on to the cooler. Two weeks ago the spigot that goes to the cooler was leaking and he came and fixed it. Yesterday everything out there was bone dry. Within an hour of having water running back to it, the house cooled down almost 2 degrees. It was so nice! I don't know that I trust them with the cooler because every time after they come to "fix" it, my dad and I have to go out there and fix their fix, then fix the actual problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment