So about three weeks ago my whole family was in town for a reunion (there were 24 of us total). I was in charge of making dinner on Monday and it was requested by my parents that I make Chicken Chili Lasagna. It has definately become a favorite dinner of Ty and I, although I usually only make it when we have company over since it makes so much food. Anyway, I put this recipe on my family's website, and thought I'd put it up here in case anyone wants to try it. If you do try it, let me know what you think of it.
Chicken Chili Lasagna
Ingredients:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 medium onion, chopped
8 green onions, chopped (I actually use like half this amount)
2 cups shredded Mexican-Cheese blend, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp ground cumin, divided
1/2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/8 tsp thyme1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
9 flour tortillas (6 inches), halved
Directions:In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onions, 1 1/2 cups Mexican-Cheese blend, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and cilantro. Stir in chicken; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chilies, thyme, salt, pepper, and remaining cumin. Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish (I perfer a glass dish). Top with 6 tortilla halves, one half of the chicken mixture and one third of the cheese sauce. Repeat tortilla, chicken, and cheese sauce layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese sauce. Cover and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and add remaining Mexican-Cheese blend and bake for 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting
Number Of Servings:12
No comments:
Post a Comment