Monday, January 4, 2010

A look back at '09

With the new year starting, I tried to look back and see the changes that happened in our lives in '09. Read if you want, don't if you don't want (it is long).

Ty- His biggest change was becoming Finance Director. He was doing most of the work anyway, so he's liking the name to go along with it. Though, he has learned that it also carries a lot of headaches. For the most part he enjoys his job. Also, being department head, he gets extra administrative leave (this is to make up for all the overtime he has to put in and doesn't get paid for). When you add that to his vacation and the administrative leave he already had, he could take 9 weeks off a year (plus sick time). He likes knowing he could do that, even though he knows he'll never get the chance to. Ty was also released from the Elders Quorum Presidency this year. We were so glad. There were just a lot of things that happened and made it a struggle for him. When he was released, he was glad that he no longer had to go to the 7:30am Sunday morning missionary meeting. A couple months after he was released he was called as a ward missionary, so he still has to go to those meetings. Bummer for him. Ty got himself a motorcyle last year as well. He loves it here because he still rides it to work everyday, even though it's the middle of winter. Yes, it's a little cold in the mornings, but not terrible. And it hardly ever rains, so he doesn't have to worry about that either.
Kristi-I started the year by changing jobs. Well, sort of. I started working at a surgery center here and quit at the clinic I was at. It was actually an easy desicion to make. I was also released from Primary. That was so exciting as I had been in it most of the whole time we have been married. I was called a few weeks later to the Ward activities committee. It's been a fun calling. Also, and most changing for me, I had a baby. It sure has changed everything for me.
Jordan-She started preschool last year. She loves it! She wants to know why she can't go every day. She has saved everything they've done in school so far. She also turned 4, which to her means she's officially a big girl. Jordan lost 2 teeth, bringing her total of lost teeth to 3. Thankfully the new teeth are already coming in. But with losing the teeth as early as she did, we decided it was time to go to the dentist to make sure nothing is wrong. The did xrays and everything looks good. It even showed that the knocked out tooth should be coming in before much longer. Jordan was way excited to hear that!
Liam-Well, he was born! He is our little tank. At 6 weeks old, he was alreayd 12 pounds 4 ounces. Ty keeps saying that Liam is going to be an offensive line. I guess they are the biggest players on a football team. Liam has pretty bad reflux though, and was, thankfully, put on medication for it. He is a totally different baby. Now I have to get used to a happy baby. We sure have loved having him in the family.
As a family we went to Disneyland twice. Once was with Nana and Bop-Bop Staheli and Aunt Riki. We had great fun! The second time we were able to make it down, we bough year passes, so this year we will be going more often. Benjy and Ashely also came down and we went to a Dodgers game together! We will totally have to do that again! Even if they can't come down, Ty and I plan on going down to more games this year. We spent 2 weeks in Utah this August. It was so nice to see family and relax.

Overall, '09 seemed to be a good year for us. We are hoping that '10 is just as great, or even greater!

No comments:

Post a Comment