Sunday, March 14, 2010

Big B little b, what begins with B?


Bottles and Binky's-acutally around our house, it's called a pooty, not a binky, but ya'll know what I'm talking about_

Bottles-We have permanently switched to them this weekend. It was kind of sudden, but had to be done. My thyroid has been really messed up since the beginning of the year and it's gotten worse lately, which has destroyed my milk supply. Liam was wanting to eat every hour and a half, and not sleeping well or anything like that, so it had to be done. I am not sure what my feelings are about it yet. Anyone who really knows me, knows I have talked a lot about switching to just bottles, but never did it. Now that I have, I am not sure how I feel. On one hand, I'm going to miss the special time with him and his cute smiles he'd give me, but on the other hand, it can free me up so someone else can take over and give me a break. Oh, and we have the pickiest boy on the planet when it comes to bottles. There is only one bottle type and only one nipple type he will take. We have tried tons. Formula's are kinda touch and go too.
Binky aka Pooty-Again, PICKY, PICKY, PICKY!!!!! He will only take the Nuk Latex pooty. Well, I take that back. Sometimes, in a pinch, he'll take the silicone Nuk, but he doesn't prefer it. He also prefers his thumb or finger to the pooty, but we take them out of his mouth if we catch him. It's so bad though, that we have these Playtex brand pooty's that are very similar to the Nuk's, and he will suck on them and start gagging. Ugh. I just hope he's not that picky throughout his life!
P.S. Sorry there haven't been pictures of the kids lately. I haven't taken any, but I will start again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds complicated! Anna and Austin took the first nipple I gave them as far as bottles go, but Nathan accidentally threw them away and I can't find them at Wal-Mart! I hope they take the other ones I have... Anna won't take a binki any more at all, but Austin, stick anything in that boy's mouth and he's happy... Good luck with the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nico was the same way, but it got better once he was used to being on bottles. Just give it time...Oh, and one thing that really helped with the formula was mixing breastmilk with the formula until he got used to it. Hope Liam sleeps better for you now!

    ReplyDelete