Sunday, March 21, 2010

C= Cereal & China Lake

Well, Liam started cereal today. We actually were told to start it about two weeks ago to help with his reflux, but I just hadn't done it yet. I think I'm just realizing that my baby is growing up waaaaaaaay to fast this time, so that's why I put it off. Anyway, back to the cereal. I'm not sure if he was fond of it. He really didn't like the spoon in his mouth, but once I got the cereal in his mouth far enough, he would eat it. I can't exepct too much the first time though.

China Lake-That is the reason this town exists. There is a huge Naval Air Base here. I mean, huge. Area wise, it's bigger than the state of Delaware. The no fly restriction is even larger than that. Sometimes it's fun because you see all kinds of new airplanes and helicopters as they test them. You learn to ignore the sound of a jet flying over head, and when they break the sound barrier, the sonic boom shakes your house similar to an earthquake. One rather random piece of information... there are these sewer ponds on base. The EPA has been getting after the base for years saying that they need to clean up the sewer ponds. If the base could, they would. However, there is some fish that lives in them that has mutated over the years to survive. It is now the only place in the world that these stupid mutant fish live, the Fish and Game won't let the base clean up the ponds. Stupid fish!
Not much has been going on around here lately, if you haven't figured that out already. Liam is just getting bigger and laughing more. He jumps in his jumperoo for... what seems like forever. Ty calls him our metranome. I'm so glad we've found something that can entertain him though. Here are some pictures of Joey pushing him around out front on one of our nice days (it's already in the 80's here).

1 comment:

  1. I wish it was in the 80's here!!! 50's are okay though I guess!
    Did you guys ever get a package I sent out there? Just wondering!
    The kids are sooooooo dang cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete