Easter- Easter this year seemed to come out of no where. I had all these plans and was going to be so prepared for Easter. Infact, I was determined to have everything for it done early. I was going to buy all these decorations... all kinds of things. Then, before I knew it, it was a few days before Easter. I'm still not sure how that happened. However, we still did our annual egg dying and rolling on Saturday. We did add some new friends to our group this year though, so that was fun. The big bummer part is that it was starting to get windy. We squeezed the egg dying and rolling in between conference sessions because the wind was due to pick up to winds of 25-35 mph sustained winds. I'm pretty sure it was towards the higher end of that. Anyway, Jordan woke up Easter morning to find that the Easter bunny had indeed come. She was thrilled. She comes running in... "Mom, can I open my Easter basket?" "Sure," I say. She comes running back a few minutes later, "Mom, can I have my Easter candy for breakfast?" Oh, what would it be like to be 4 again? Between conference sessions we went over to my parents to dye eggs with my nephew. My brother, his wife their son had come to town late the night before from San Jose (though, they only moved there very recently), and "J" had never dyed eggs before, so Joey went to show him how to do it. I'm not sure "J" was all that interested, but he's only 2, so next year I bet he'll like it more. Then they went out front and had several Easter egg hunts. Then we had a delicious ham dinner and sat around and talked and laughed. I don't think you could have asked for a better, more relaxed Easter.Ellie- Jordan has had Ellie since she was born. Actually, Ellie was given to me by Ty while we were dating and I was really sick once. But I passed Ellie on to Jordan when she was born. I will never get Ellie back. Ellie is irreplacable, and I have looked on Ebay many times looking for one like it. Nope, there is no other Ellie. Even if I could find one though, Jordan would recognize it as not hers because hers has some very distinct marks from all it's been through. Jordan has eaten the tail off of her Ellie. She used to love to put the pink fuzzy tail in her mouth, and now there is no longer a pink fuzzy tail. It's just a few strings. Our dog, Max, almost ate Ellie once. He ripped the stuffing out of Ellie, removed a tooth (which was handy as she had knocked her tooth out a couple days before that, so that way they matched), tore out the eyes, and put many many holes in Ellie. Good thing my mom is an excelent surgeon and could fix him. Jordan even got to pick out the new eyes for Ellie. Anyway, the moral is that Ellie is completely irreplaceable, and completely Jordan's. She still sleeps with her Ellie.

Joey and Ellie at 3 months old
Ellie as he is now.
Even Liam has an Elephant. Thankfully his isn't as permanent as Ellie, nor is he as attached to his Elephant at all, but he's starting to enjoy it now.

This is the only thing that will get Liam quiet in his car seat if he's awake. He doesn't like his car seat, but this way he at least has something to play with.



We have animals like this too. Emily has a duck (that was mine at one time) and Gavin fell in love with a bear when he was only 9 months old. He screamed for it from the store window and wouldn't give it up. They have been inseparable ever since.
ReplyDelete