Keep-
Ty keeps chugging along at work. Last week was budget hearings, so he worked 3 18 hour days. Not my favorite part of his job, but oh well. I can't change it and at least that's over for a year now. Thankfully right now is his down time at work. Not that he has nothing to do, but less to do than normal. We normally get a huge break in August, but he has a new boss coming August first, so he's taking a shorter break in July. We will be at our friends cabin for a few days, then on to Oak City to see family and our newest nephew B. We are excited to see him.
Kristi keeps going with everything. Sometimes I feel like the kiddos are going to drive me nuts, but they have yet do that... thankfully. I am still running several mornings a week. I haven't been able to run 6 straight days yet, but I know some is better than none. I still work for the China Lake Surgery Center on Fridays. I am the final check to make sure all the charts are complete. A few months ago I also picked up another job. I now am the medical assistant for a general surgeon in town. He does lap bands. He's only in town one week a month and I only have to work full time for two days that he has clinic. It's been a huge learning experience for me, but an enjoyable one.
"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." That quote from Finding Nemo was stuck in my head constantly for a couple weeks. Jordan is taking some swimming lessons this summer. It's 5 nights a week for two weeks. She did her first set of lessons a couple weeks ago. The first day she wouldn't do anything. The next day we got her doing a little more, then a little more until she's begging us to go back now. She didn't pass level one yet, but she's still kind of young. I think she'll pass next time.
Every time we swim she gets a little more confident. She also keeps learning more and more in gymnastics. She almost has how to do a cartwheel down. She may not be the best in the class, but she enjoys it and that's what matters.
Liam just keeps growing. And growing, and growing. I can't keep up with him. A friend told us yesterday that in the two weeks it's been since she's seen him she thinks he's grown like 2 inches. Okay, so he hasn't grown that much, but I know he's grown some because he grew out of his pajamas. He has officially learned how to crawl. We've seen it coming the last couple days, but it's official now. There is no stopping him. Saturday he crawled three steps to the vacuum. Yesterday he crawled a few steps a couple different times, and today.... well, he's crawling everywhere. I can't believe it. He also swam for the first time this past week. He loved it. We got him a floaty, so I don't have to hold him the whole time in the water. He would just lounge back and splash water all over himself. I swear that kid must have some fish gene in him somewhere.
That was a perfect update. I haven't checked in in a little while. I'm glad you are alive and well. If you happen to pass through Elko on your way home you should stop in. We would love to see you.
ReplyDeleteLove the update! I'm glad that things are going well for all of you.
ReplyDelete