Monday, November 29, 2010

Y is for Year

I still cannot belive that my little Liam turned 1 year old on Nov. 16. It seems like he was just a little baby. Heck, it seems like I was just pregnant, but here we are, a year after he was born. I try to remember what my life was like without Liam. For instance, what did I do after I dropped Jordan off at preschool? Could I have laughed so much ever before he was born? I remember being terrified of having a little boy. It was going to be and is so different from having a little girl.

Here are some Liam things.
~He loves getting his shoes on, because it means he's going outside. That is about the only time he'll sit still.
~He loves his Joey! He lights up and starts giggling as soon as we pick Joey up from school. Lately he has enjoyed waking her up with giggles, pats, and hugs.
~He loves Nana Ross' dogs. He squeals with delight whenever he sees them.
~He doesn't have a favorite toy. Just a favorite type of toy, and that is anything with wheels. As long as he can push it around, he's a happy camper.
~For him, outdoors is the place to be.
~He likes riding frontways in the car much more than he liked backwards.
~When he is inconsolable, just toss him in the bath tub, and he is the happiest kid ever.
~He is generally a very happy baby.
~He is a daddy's boy as much if not more so than he is a momma's boy.
~He can wave bye, sign "more," say "Mamamamama" and "Dadadadada."
~He loves to go in a room and shut the door until you ask where Liam is. Then he'll poke his head out and start giggling. This is followed my him shutting the door until you call for him again.
~Everytime he goes out back, he has to taste the dirt that day. I'm starting to wonder if our dirt magically changes taste for him.

All in all, our lives are definately much more enriched with him in them. Here are some pictures from his birthday.


Isn't that the cutest pacifier grin you've ever seen?

He loved the cake, but didn't know what to do with the candle. Good thing Joey was there to blow it out for him.

Opening his first present. He just walked around with the car in the box for a while, not caring about the other presents. He got three of these "Shake'n'go" cars.

This was by far the favorite toy of the night. All the kids who were over were fighting over it, so we had to take it away.

All in all, he had a great birthday with tons of toys.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Liam! This year went so fast, probably because I only saw him twice. What's with that?

    ReplyDelete