Saturday, February 4, 2012

Another bathroom re-do

So I don't know if I ever posted pictures of our master bathroom complete gut and re-do. In fact, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I will have to find all the pictures later for you. Anyway, the door to our guest bath was broken. I mean, the door jam was literally broken to pieces. The bottom hinge would no longer stay in the frame and completely off everything, and with the weight of the door hanging only on the top hinge, it was just getting worse. So that meant we needed to replace the bathroom door. Well, I was on the phone last weekend when Ty decided to take the door out. Now, they guy I was on the phone with can out talk any woman I know, so I spent almost an hour on the phone with him with something that could have been discussed and finished in about 10 minutes. Well, since my phone call took so long, Ty decided to rip out the wall in our guest bath that contained a small, non-working pocket door. It is something we have discussed at length, but not something I was wanting to do until we were ready to re-do the guest bath. Well, I guess the time has come. LOL. So here are some pictures I took. They aren't completely "before" pictures because I was on the phone, but they are before the major demo. And the after pictures are to the point we are at now. I will keep updating the project pictures for you guys as we go. We do already have a new light fixture and new vanity for the bathroom, as that one was never finished on the side of the wall, we have picked out a new tub and surround, and a new toilet (but didn't get either of those because we don't have places to store them), and we are working on new tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment