So I wrote about us wanting to remove our palm tree stump, and how there were holes all over. And I wrote how it wasn't possible at the time because of the water main being RIGHT THERE. Well, our friend came back over to try taking it out a couple weeks ago. Let me tell you, it was awfully exciting to see it go. The stump weighs probably over a ton, closer to two tons. When he picked it up to move it, the back of the excavator didn't touch the ground because of the stump. Aahhhhhh it's gone! Anyway, so we had to dig competely around the main water line and expose it. This hole was probably two of Liam deep by the time it was done. When he first started getting the stump to move, I had to climb into the hole and hold the water main out of the way so the roots wouldn't snap it. All went well. He then filled in the hole. I would have helped to make sure the dirt got back under the pipe well enough to support it, but it was getting dark, I had both kids outside, Jordan wanted to run up and down the street, and Liam thought it was fun to stand behind the excavator. So I had my hands full, but it seemed to go ok. Until about 10 minutes after our friend left. Ty wasn't yet home from scouts, and I had sent Joey into the bathroom to shower. She comes running out, screaming at the top of her lungs "Mom, there is no water!!!" It turns out the the pop I had her a few minutes before was our water main breaking. I called our friend back to turn off our water because I couldn't find the water turny-off thingamajig. And Jordan was bawling, and Liam just wanted to jump into the huge puddle out front. So, I trucked Jordan over to my parents (after Ty was home, of course) for a shower, and I went there the next morning to shower. Thanks Mom and Dad. Well, Ty mostly fixed the pipe the next day (a Friday), but after several attempts, there was still a small leak, but nothing too bad, so we left it for the next day. Too bad that Saturday it rained all day. We couldn't fix the pipe in the wind and rain. So anyway, it ended up being broken for a week, but now, it is competely fixed. We were pretty excited to bury the pipe once and for all. Here are some pictures. And the kids got to enjoy a ride on the excavator this time. (Sorry, the pictures aren't in order.)





No comments:
Post a Comment