Sunday, August 24, 2014

Firsts...

Since the end of July, we have had a few firsts... First time playing soccer for both kids First time donating blood for me First day of school for both kids Ok, so not that many first, but they have seemed like big things. Most places, at 4 years old, L would still be too young for soccer, but not here. As long as they are 4 by the time soccer starts, they can play. Both kids have been having fun with it. I donated blood for the first time ever on the first day of school. I had often thought about doing it, but up here, I could only go after school is out, and didn't know if they would be able and willing to watch the kids while I donate. Since I now know that they can and are willing to watch the kids, we will probably go every other month. Both kids started school full time. J is now in 4th grade. When did she get that big? I keep wanting to say she is 8 and in 3rd grade. But nope. She keeps growing up without asking me. L started Transitional Kindergarten. What that is is basically a pre-K class for kids with birthdays in September, October, and November who will be turning 5. Why do the offer it? Well, California cut off for kindergarten used to be Dec. 1 and they have moved it up to Sept. 1 and didn't know what to do with those kids who used to qualify for kindergarten and now don't. Hence, transitional kindergarten. It is full days, which I was worried about at first, but the teachers are amazing and just deal really well with it. He will go to kindergarten again next year, but will have harder work than he has now. But he loves school and loves his teacher and class.

No comments:

Post a Comment