Friday, August 8, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

We went to Oak City for the 4th of July. It had been almost 15 months since we had been over, and that long since we had seen Ty's siblings, so we really wanted to take a break from everything, and get away for a bit. Plus, one of Ty's sisters is moving to Washington state soon, and who knows when we will be able to see them again. So we took the chance to spend time with family and friends we still have out there. It was a fun time. The kids and I made 4th of July shirts to wear (I didn't ever get a picture taken with us in our shirts, so I may have to remedy that), we went to the demolition derby, we lit fireworks, we saw a parade, we ate lots of ice cream, we went camping, we saw Freemont Indian State Park, toured Cove Fort, and just had a grand ole time (not necessarily in that order).

No comments:

Post a Comment