Saturday, March 29, 2008
Car Saga
So here's the latest on the car saga. Monday (after a long, tough morning), the lawyers office called saying that VW finally responded to the request we sent them about buying back the Jetta. I was all excited thinking of the whole thing being over now, but I didn't know what the settlement was because they had to fax it to Ty at work. Ty called me right after they faxed it over, and my hopes dropped! They were only offering us $5k. Later, when Ty brought the offer home, I read it all and was ticked! They apologized and then offered us that $5k for our "inconvience". Then in the next paragraph, they stated that after we accept the offer and get the money, they will have no future liablity if the car malfunctions and anyone is hurt. That is what really ticked me off because they know it's a major issue. So it took me a couple days to actually get a hold of our lawyer, but the first thing he said is not to accept the offer. So a few days later they filed papers with the court saying that we are suing VW. He says their lawyers will really want to settle because our car has had enough problems for two or three different law suits. So we are still hoping it settles quickly and out of court, but I guess we'll see what happens in the end. I just figure it this way, the more we have to keep paying for the car, the bigger the settlement gets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your blog sounds like stuff I hear from Riki every day after work. I hope it works out for you guys.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all of that. I know that lawsuits can be a pain in the rear!!! So I hope you win.
ReplyDelete