Sunday, March 9, 2008

The traumas of flying a kite

Bet you never knew that flying a kite was traumatic. Well, that's because you aren't Joey. Yesterday while Joey and I were out getting the mail, we saw someone flying a kite. That got Joey excited to get hers out and try flying a kite for the first time ever (by that we mean that we fly the kite and she watches). So Ty got the kite out of the packaging and set it up. Joey was so excited because it is her special Dora kite. As soon as the kite took flight into the air, Joey started bawling!!!! She thought it was flying away. After a little bit she caught onto the fact that it wasn't leaving, but was going to stay in the sky. We thought that the kite trauma was over. We were wrong. If the wind started to die down and the kite sagged in the sky a little, she started crying until it went back up. If Ty had to walk backward to keep it in the wind, she started crying. Once I swear she thought the world was going to end because the kite came down and the tail of the kite got stuck in the tree (thankfully just a little tug and it was free). Man. I really had no clue that flying a kite could be so bad. But up the kite will go again, and hopefully next time the trauma won't be so extreme.

3 comments:

  1. I would cry too! :) I like your new site and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though she cried I bet money that she will always like flying kites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love Ty's bucket list, it gave me more ideas for mine!

    ReplyDelete