Monday, May 5, 2008

Hair cut

So we took a picture of Joey yesterday in her easter dress (when she wore it on easter, she didn't quite get the concept of lifting her dress up to go potty, so she sat on it while she peed) and I was going to put it up here, but we can't find the camera cord. Actually, we just haven't really looked for it yet, but when we get to looking for it, I have some cute pictures to put on here.
Today was Joey's first hair cut ever! I really noticed yesterday when I was doing her hair for church how long it's getting. The longest part was too her waist! Of course that part was way damaged and looked scraggly, but still. At first we figured we'd take her somewhere and get it cut, but after her bath today I figured I'd just cut it straight across (about an inch and a half shorter than the longest part), and it'd be over. Then we wouldn't have to pay someone. So we got out the hair cutting scissors and I took the first little snip. It all went down hill from there. She wouldn't hold her head still at all (so my straight line isn't so straight) and now she's terrified of scissors near her head. She did not want her hair cut at all and was about to cry to Ty. It was quite frustrating for both of us. I have decided that I should have learned my lesson from the first hair cut I did on my brother Patrick, where I didn't blend the short and long very well, and it looked like he was missing a chunk of hair, and I will never cut hair again. Twice is enough for me to learn.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way every time I cut Benjy's hair :) Sounds like Jordan is keeps you guys entertained. Are you guys planning on being in Delta for the 4th? We want to see you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally did it! Tyrell let you? :) Hurry and post some pictures!

    ReplyDelete