I figured that most of you haven't seen me preggo (count your blessings) or know much of what's going on with my pregnancy. Well I don't have a picture of the belly (I'm chicken) but I can tell you a little about how things are going with the little guy.
-I'm currently 24 weeks (meaning I only have 16 to go)
-I'm due Nov. 18, 2009
-My dr. thinks I'll have the kid at least a week early
-I've already started having swelling problems and my dr is going to try to figure out why
-This little guys moves more in one day than Jordan did during the whole 9 months (at least it feels like that)
-I like watching my belly move as he does (Joey never did this)
-Ty loves to laugh at that as well
-Ty loves to get the kid kicking as I'm trying to sleep, so I am awake forever while the kid is doing acrobatics in my belly
-I am still sick, though not constantly
-Zofran has been a lifesaver
-I lost over 20 pounds and have put back on 15 of them
-Several people told me to go to the hospital for IV nutrients while I was at my worst, and my dr. almost ordered it--- thankfully I missed that one
-The little guy is measuring big (over a week big)
-At 20 weeks people were still asking me what my secret was to losing weight
-A week later people were amazed that I finally had a belly
-I am secretly (well, now its not a secret anymore) kinda terrified to have a boy because I don't know what to do with a boy. Girls... I know all about them, but I am nervous about a boy.
-Joey loves to give her baby brother hugs and kisses
-I usually don't mind when people rub my belly... however, there are certain people where it is weird
-I am miserably hot in the afternoon (when is 115 outside. and we discovered our swamp cooler isn't big enough to cool the house, so it's 85 inside)
-I want to start getting some things so that Joey gets the playing with them out of her system before he comes
-I hate buying maternity clothes because they are so expensive for how little I'm going to be wearing them
-Joey is excited to help me change his diapers... she's practicing on her babies already
-I am kinda in the nesting phase already, but too exhausted to do much cleaning like I'd like to
That's about all I can think of (at least that is appropriate to mention). Maybe I'll be brave while in Utah and let Ty take a picture so you guys can see. If there is more that I can think of about being pregnant, I'll post later.
Good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy. Sometimes it is so hard being pregnant, especially when you are so sick, but the reward will be great. Look at how cute Joey is. Hang in there. I am on Zofran too and it IS a lifesaver. What would we do without it?
ReplyDeleteDid you ever do a belly pic with Joey? That's awesome that Joey wants to help out. She will be a good big sister. (Most of the time!J/K) You will be great with your little boy! You are already a great Mom, Kristi! Take good care of yourself. Love ya girl!
ReplyDeleteMy vote would be for you to have him Nov. 17th. It's a great day to go into labor! Hope you can survive the heat! And don't worry...boys are a ton of fun!
ReplyDeleteHey girl, I had no idea you've been going through all that!! (I know, it's pathetic,.... I'm just now reading this...) How is your pregnancy going now? Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy! I'm excited for you too!
ReplyDelete