Saturday, September 12, 2009

The closet... again

So, we finally did finish her closet. Well, except for a few last parts to paint white on the outside trim, and the closet doors, but other than that it's done. The shelves turned out great. Thanks Ty for all the hard work and putting up with me. If you don't look too close, you don't notice all the little things that should have been done different. But it looks good and works great! I didn't get before pictures, so imagine it without the shelves and this ugly off white color that is 20+ years old, so it's dirty. Oh, and the closet had huge holes all through it from wire shelving that we had to patch as well. But here is the finished shelving.
Please ignore the mess... I promise, when I first finished it, her closet was way clean and organized... then we had her friends over, and this is how it ended.


Notice the shelf across the bottom? That's probably what was most difficult to figure out how to put in, but I'm in love with it! I love that her shoes go on top of it and her toys have easy access underneath it. And I can still move everything and vacuum.
Her closet doors I will probably work on throughout the week as I don't work a lot this week. We are painting them with chalkboard paint so Joey and her friends can color all over them. I'm way excited about how it will look all done!

1 comment: