Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas

I know, it's a little late, but still.
Let's start with a conversation we had with Joey on Christmas eve.
Ty: "Joey, do you know why we celebrate Christmas?"
Joey: "It's Jesus' birthday."
Me: "Is Christmas about Santa?"
Joey: "No, that'd just be silly."
How did we get such a smart girl? Anyway... when we woke up Christmas morning, Santa sure had found us! Jordan had a blast opening presents! She opened all of hers and Liams, and several of both Ty and I's presents. To me, that is the best part of it all. A few things we got... Joey got a gyrowheel from Santa. It's a special training wheel for her bicycle to help her learn how to pedal without training wheels. Ty got a gun. I got a new camera. Liam got a "safe place" (more commonly known as a play mat... Joey's just not allowed to touch him when he's on it... hence, safe place). Anywho, after opening presents, it was such a beautiful day, we all went outside and played. Later that evening, we went to my parents and exchanged presents with them and some friends of ours. We also all had a nice Christmas dinner together. All in all, it was a fairly quiet, uneventful Christmas, but really nice.

2 comments:

  1. Kristi,
    Joey is very smart because of her wonderful parents...duh!! LOL!! I love to hear that kids know the "real"reason behind Christmas! Santa is pretty fun though! I LOVE her PJ's!! I want ones like that!! Monkeys are my fav! (Yes,I'm a loser)!! LOL!! You knew that already I'm sure! You can never go wrong with "Chutes and Ladders" and "Don't Break the Ice". Classics! Liam's toy looks super cute. Joey has taste! Liam will need a safe place from Joey!! LOL!! J/K! I'm glad you all had a good Christas together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooooooooo not fair that you guys got to play frisbee on Christmas!!! Here in MN we are in the arctic deep freeze!!

    ReplyDelete