Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Snow!!

So I'm sorry it's been a while since I blogged. I've actually been waiting for some pictures from my little brother, and still haven't gotten them, but decided to blog anyway.
Not a whole lot has been going on here. Most of last week we hardly ventured out of the house, as it rained just about everyday from Monday through Saturday. We didn't even see the sun until Saturday (Ridgecrest is usually sunny 355ish days a year), so that was a big deal. An even bigger deal was the rain. With all the amounts predicted, it could have been disaterous for this little desert town. However, it dind't come in big gushes, just constant rain, and nothing flooded... too bad.
The biggest event came on Thursday though. Around 1:30pm I looked out the window at the rain, and there was white stuff mixed in. It was snowing!!! It hasn't snowed and stuck here in 6 years. Ty was kinda bummed that he had to go back to work, though, at the time we didn't think it would stick. The kids and I went to my parents house and Jordan and I went out and played in the snow. The snowflakes were huge! I told Ty that they were like little snowballs falling on your head. Seriously, there were some almost as big as my palm. Anyway, with the little snow that stuck, Jordan and I made a snowman (those are the pictures I'm waiting for). We also had a little snowball fight... until Jordan got too frozen.
Anyway, it was fun and something we don't get to experience often here.


And now, for some random pictures:

This was Jordan today. She was taking her baby, Cataly, for a "horsey ride."

Liam enjoying his bouncer.

Liam, about 2 minutes after the other picture was taken.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pics!! Joey has the EXACT same coat as the 8 yr. old girl that I "kid-sit" for. They don't want it to be "Babysitting" anymore since the youngest is now almost 4!!! It's 7 degrees here today, yesterday was 3 degrees, the day before was 5 degrees!! with super icey roads still! I want some California snow!! Love Liam's pics!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I have pictures of Alexis that look almost exactly the same as these. Same bouncer and everything.

    ReplyDelete