Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Remembering 1-3-2011

While this isn't an important date for most people I'm sure, it is for Ridgecrest. That day we woke up to 3 inches of snow!!! Honestly, I don't know if it has ever snowed that much in one day before! Added to that, it was the second year in a row that it has snowed in Ridgecrest. Talk about global warming.... Anyway... They cancelled school that day since no busses are equipped to handle the snow or ice on the roads. So Jordan stayed home and played. She actually wouldn't go out and play in the snow on her own though. Finally, I decided I'd better get the kids out before the snow melted. Jordan tromped right on out and made a snow angel.

Remember how I said that Liam didn't like the snow? Well, he just stood in it and was ok with it, until he fell. Once he was WET and cold, that was the end for him. He just cried. It probably didn't help the fact that it was nap time.

Oh wait... the snowing started on Sunday, 1-2-2011. I took the picture because, well, how many times in your life are you going to see snow on a palm tree? Plus, it was really cool looking.

Jordan REALLY wanted to jump on the trampoline with the snow, so I let her. Well, I actually only let her bounce a couple times, then I was afraid she'd break it with the weight of the snow and her.

Of course, with the snow, you have to make a snowman. I apologize now for how retarded it looks. I was freezing, wet and my back hurt from bending over to make it. Then I actually had to sit and think if we had the stuff for the face of a snowman? Why would we in Ridgecrest? Later I figured I could have at least put some sunglasses on for the eyes, but still have no idea what else we could have done for the lips. So here is Jordan with her dirty snowman and his cookie crisp eyes, carrot nose and hair clip mouth. Betcha that you will never see another snowman like him. Any takers? Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment