Monday, July 30, 2012

4th of July, Utah, Nevada

Remember how I said we needed a break, well, Disneyland was fun, but we also had plans to head to Utah and visit family. Those plans were almost broken because a few days before we were to head there a massive fire started and evacuated my in-law's town. Thankfully no homes were destroyed, and they were let back into their homes. This fire however was the largest forest fire in Utah history. So sad. Anyway, we were going to head to Utah on a Friday, but we needed new brake pads and the ones we needed were a special order, so we didn't leave until Saturday night. We had a great time. Mostly we just relaxed while we were up there. We did some fun things like hang out with all the family that was able to make it (we missed you guys Riki and Dan!). We went and shot some fun guns. The best one we shot was probably the AK. Someday Ty wants to own one of those. Ty's little sister also brough her new compound bow down and we got to shoot that. I loved it! I had so much fun shooting that. And all things considered, I wasn't too bad. On the fourth, went to the parade and the Demolition Derby (I didn't get a lot of pictures at that because my phone camera was dying). Then we stayed for the fireworks. The fireworks show in Delta is probably 4 times longer than the one in Ridgecrest. It was amazing. Every time they would start shooting a bunch of fireworks off I expected that to be the end. But nope. It was cool. Thursday the girls all went shopping. So that was Roxanne, Annie, Jordan and I. I think the best part was having Jordan try outfits on forever. We went to Crazy 8 and she had a blast shopping. Saturday night Liam got stung by a wasp twice in the eyelid. Poor little kid. By Sunday morning, he was done with me taking pictures of him to document it. A little shop-a-holic in the making. Monday, we left Utah and went and stayed the night in Ely, Nevada. There while playing at the park, Jordan fell off some monkey bar thing and split her lip open. She still flips out when she does anything that makes her mouth bleed. She started screaming thinking she had lost her tooth again. Anyway, then we came home. We were gone that time about 10 days. Not bad. We are all refreshed now and shouldn't need to travel again for a while.
I love this picture of Father and Son's footprints!

No comments:

Post a Comment