A couple of different spots the barbed wire fence along the freeway was down so the cars would pull off and go through. Here is the last car going through this spot. Why might you ask? Because he got stuck in the sand. And then kept trying to get himself out and only made it worse. His wheels were half under sand before we inched out way past him.
We finally pulled off near a famous rock formation called Vasquez Rock. We stopped for lunch at a little diner. I remember it was a friendly place who brought fruit out to the kids right away (not that they ate it). They also had these lamps by each table that looked like a revolver and had a pull string to turn the lights on and off. Liam loved pulling that chain. Then we had to make him stop because the lady told us they break easily. Also, there was the coolest sign:
After lunch, since we were right there anyway and didn't know when we would actually stop to see it again, we stopped to get out at Vazquez Rock.
Please ignor my hair flying everywhere in the next two pictures. Liam and I were sitting on the edge of one of the rocks and it was pretty windy.
We finally made it to Disneyland. What was supposed to be around a three hour trip ended up being over 7 hours. That pretty much shot our first day there. The only way we figured we would go that first day was if we ended up getting annual passes again. We had them a few years ago. Well, we finally decided to get them. (So if anyone wants company at Disneyland, let us know.) We rode about two or three rides that day, the kids favorite being Pirates. We stayed in Disneyland that day. I don't even remember what else we did. Once we finally made it back to the hotel, the kids crashed. I just took the picture because the kids were sleeping in the exact same way. Their arms were laid out the same, they were each holding their lovie thing. I don't know, it just melted my heart, so I grabbed the picture.
I didn't get a whole lot of other pictures... Ty might have. I will have to see. Here are some though that I got.
So there you have it. Our fun trip to Disneyland in a nutshell. Next time we go I will try to be better about pictures.
fun! - such cute pictures :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a horrid trip down, but overall a fun trip filled with memories!
ReplyDelete