Not a whole lot has happened around here. We are all just trucking along doing school, work, and dealing with illnesses. We have had strep, ear infections, countless colds, and the stomach flu this winter. Here it is March, and both kids are sick with their worst colds yet. When will this be over?
I got a new calling on Sunday. On top of my other two (technically three callings, but as our ward choir was kind of disbanded, so I don't do much as the assistant choir director), they thought I need to teach Relief Society. So now, I am the assistant ward choir director, ward chorister, activity day leader, and a relief society teacher. Can they get me any busier? Well, yeah they can, so I won't complain. Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I also started kickboxing two to three days a week. I have come to love my "me" time that I get there. And my coaches say I have come a long way in the couple months I've been there. They keep asking me if I would be interested in competing. I am not really, but I would love to be good enough to do it.
Ty is crazy busy with work. I won't go into all the gory details of what is going on though. For the past couple weeks, he has had several extra meetings after work. Hopefully those will stop soon so that I can see Ty again. He is also in charge of the 11 year old scouts in our ward and teaches that Sunday school class.
Jordan is reading second grade books. Some of them she reads are probably third grade, and those ones she needs a little more help with. Too bad she doesn't really like reading. She could be so much better. Her school has split the 1st grade classes for a little bit a couple times a week. They go into different groups (all 3 classes are in on this) and work on different things. One is just a review of what they are doing. One is advanced reading (Jordan has been doing this for over a year) and the one that Jordan is in is advanced Math. So they are working on second grade math, and Jordan usually comes home with a B on those tests. Not bad!
Liam... what do I say about this kid! Man, he is energetic! He is just a hilarious little boy. Just yesterday, when he and Ty went to the store for a few minutes, Ty said, Liam, let's get in the car. Liam looks at Ty, salutes, and says "Yes sir!" Where did he get that? I could write a whole book on the stuff this kid does, but I won't. Sorry.
Anyway, on to the pictures........
Liam and I went to a local tile store today to look at tile (no duh!) Anyway, this particular tile store, the owner is really into sand rails and go-carts. Like, he races them professionally. Well, being his rambunctious little self, they decided to let him go see them to release some energy. This picture is the sand rail. The next one is the go-cart. Almost his size.
Sorry, I realize that there are many pictures of Joey (I have a couple I didn't upload because she was moving in them) but we haven't been doing a whole lot that is photo worthy. I will try to get better about that soon.
Rhanks for the update. I love hearing every little thing that you guys are doing since we see you so little. Miss all of you!
ReplyDelete