Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A first for Ty

So since we moved here two years ago, Ty has been dying to feel an earthquake. They are pretty common here. I mean, as a kid, you have big fire drills in school, and big earthquake drills. It's just how it is because we are surrounded by active fault lines.
Well, today Ty got his wish. Just about 20 minutes ago there was a 5.8 earthquake in Chino Hills, California (in the LA area). We felt it up here. I was parked in my car and it felt like someone was shaking the car. Ty says it was like he was on a boat.
We are fine here, and thankfully so far there are no major injuries or accidents anywhere from this earthquake.

4 comments:

  1. I could live without feeling one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that IS exciting. I don't think I have ever felt an earthquake either. I did watch a movie about a California earthquake once though. It still scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm the only one who didn't feel it. (feeling slightly left out)

    ReplyDelete