Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a week


For those of you who don't know Ty buzzed his head. This picture was actually taken a few minutes ago while he's sleeping, and he won't appreciate it, but oh well.

Joey's bike

What a week!! I am so exhausted. For those of you who don't know, I work part time. Right now it is basically one 8 hour day a week, sometimes more if people call in sick. That's not bad. I like it. But this week I had a 40 hour work week. I haven't worked 40 hours in three years (right before Joey was born). By lunch time Friday, my brain and body were fried! I could hardly function anymore. I was just so worn out. I was talking to Ty about things that happened a week ago, and to me it seemed like three weeks ago. Man, I am so glad that I don't have to work full time. I don't think I could handle that!

Joey did something the other day that made me think of the song I've been watching you by Rodney Atkins. I was chewing on a piece of plastic (Yes, I know it's a bad habit, and Ty hates that I do it) and Joey picks up another piece and goes "Look! Just like Mommy." Now I know that she really watches us and picks up on things, but man. For some reason, that phrase just really hit home that she really does watch and pick up things from us!

Friday afternoon Joey earned her bike. Some of you may know what she had to do to earn it, but most don't. It was a big deal and a big sacrifice. She threw her pooty (pacifier) away. Actually put it in the trash! She was only using at night, not even for mid-day naps. But yesterday she threw it away to get her bike. The night was tough because she told us to take the bike away so she could have her pooty back, but we told her we can't do that. I'm hoping after a few days she gets used to not having it and things get easier and she gets to sleep quicker.

It may not seem like a whole lot happened, but it sure was a long week for us.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Where have I been? Sorry about the all the comments you are about to be hit with from me, but I'm so glad that you are being a better blogger than me. Way to go Joey!

    ReplyDelete